Renegade Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Renegade Riders

RENEGADE RIDERS: THE BIKER FORUM & CLUB

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Attn : Change of name for our group

Go down 
+13
skyrider
johnkslee
b16a
Eldorado
HurricaneMax Joko
khaiharlock
Symian
Andrewhtf
rob7711
warpboy
schackster
atukmude
maximum_babe
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
maximum_babe

maximum_babe

Number of posts : 1078
job/Hobbies : armchair biking! Post-whoring! Eating!
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Attn : Change of name for our group - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attn : Change of name for our group   Attn : Change of name for our group - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 4:52 am

Now we just hv to wait for Andrew to call for a major gathering.
Back to top Go down
Symian

Symian

Number of posts : 118
job/Hobbies : Creative,Advertising,Events
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Attn : Change of name for our group   Attn : Change of name for our group - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 4:54 am

Actually if need it faster, better call for a scheduled chat session and get it up !
Back to top Go down
khaiharlock
Admin
khaiharlock

Number of posts : 841
job/Hobbies : Bikes, Biking and Biker Babes

PostSubject: Re: Attn : Change of name for our group   Attn : Change of name for our group - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 5:51 am

Ah so irwin and fay have revived 'spitfire' what a joke, after the fiasco of the last official AGM, and the fallout it caused. they are not even refounding the club. just some shell of a forum....

Under those circumstances and for personal reasons, I will NOT support the new incarnation. and agree that we should stop using the Spitfire name association for our club and forum. We dont owe them anything and to continue to use the former name would be both a conflict of interest and a disservice to the current members.

Its a shame that after being a Spitfirebiker for almost 7 years, its time to hang up the colours.

Oh well, New Year = New Direction

So, my contribution for names is:

Corsairs

reason:
1. the Corsair was a WW2 US Naval Fighter, so there is a continuation of the aviation 'spitfire' naming convention, although the 'spitfire' name in SFB was supposed to represent a dragon ( logo didnt look anything like a dragon though)

2. Corsair also was historically, a name for a pirate, and since we are outcasts and rebels , its also appropriate Smile

3. After abandoning the club and its members think of this suggestion as my way of a middle finger salute to the original founders of spitfire!

Question:
Will we create a charter for this new club and forum? I think it will be good to get the new 'Founding Members' (i.e all of us) to formulate one.

Yes, we need a new logo and Tshirts with the new logo and club colours, so we can be proud of our new identity, and promote our club and forum.

Andrew, hope that we can migrate the forum within fullboards.com, or otherwise, once we decide on a new name to call ourselves.

Also discuss the issue of whether we intend at some later date to officially reg as a society/club
Back to top Go down
khaiharlock
Admin
khaiharlock

Number of posts : 841
job/Hobbies : Bikes, Biking and Biker Babes

PostSubject: Re: Attn : Change of name for our group   Attn : Change of name for our group - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 6:18 am

I propose we have an EGM this coming Friday to discuss the club name and etc
Back to top Go down
atukmude

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Attn : Change of name for our group   Attn : Change of name for our group - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 8:48 am

Very Happy I personally like the word SPITFIRE very very much. Perhaps retain the SPITFIRE & change the other adjoining tags.

My 1half cts worth: SPITFIRE 2WHEEL FREEDOM RIDERS

Atuk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attn : Change of name for our group   Attn : Change of name for our group - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 9:00 am

khaiharlock wrote:
I propose we have an EGM this coming Friday to discuss the club name and etc
I second to that, I'll be there
Back to top Go down
HurricaneMax Joko

HurricaneMax Joko

Number of posts : 165
job/Hobbies : beach bum, bitch-lover,beer tester, eye-candies surveyor
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Attn : Change of name for our group   Attn : Change of name for our group - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 9:47 am

i propose

- OnF MC

OnF: Old n' Fearless
OnF: Old n' Fucked
OnF: Old n' Frightened
OnF; Old n' Fast
OnF: Old n' Frightfully Fast
OnF: Old n' Frigid (for the gentle sex)
OnF: Old n' Fagged out
OnF: Old n' Frightfully slow
OnF: Old n' Fast asleep
OnF: Old n' Funny
OnF: Old n' Fat
OnF: Old n' Farting Hot
OnF: Old n' Fucking Hot
OnF; Old n' Falling asleep

So, the initial OnF fits every category of bikers, seasoned, newbies and wannabes...

hMx-old-n'-finished!
Back to top Go down
Andrewhtf
Admin
Andrewhtf

Number of posts : 685
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Attn : Change of name for our group   Attn : Change of name for our group - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 1:10 pm

atukmude wrote:
Very Happy I personally like the word SPITFIRE very very much. Perhaps retain the SPITFIRE & change the other adjoining tags.

My 1half cts worth: SPITFIRE 2WHEEL FREEDOM RIDERS

Atuk

i for one, chose to keep the spitfirebikers name then, solely because i liked that name too.

i joined SFB after the AGM fiasco thing, and to be honest i'd dare say that i actually not part of an SFB per se.... i have not joined any rides, i never attended any AGM or EGM, i didnt read that charter, nor house rules, plus i dont personally know the original owner nor the founding members.

all untill the day the club just died down, and the forum was left on its own until the hosting goes up in smoke.

We scrambled to find a place so other riders who are still keen to remain under the same umbrella may have an association to be with. and that is the reason I registered this site under the name spitfirebikers. to house us The Remnants of The Old SFBians.

but as things has progressed the way it is now, i guess a name change is inevitable. as bad as it may sound, i'd love to have the new name to be as close as the original intention this site is setup for. Maybe SpitFireRiders would sound good.

But then again, a riding site is nothing without its riders, and we'd have to pick the best choice that the majority wants. I'm open for any names, just as long as everyone is ok with it.

my opinion, try not to pick anything that focuses on only 1 group of bikes or bikers lor... a name like Ol Bikers Assoc. will very much make younger newbies to bypass us despite our warm welcomes. We pick for name that is neutral and appeals to all-lah...

Meanwhile Oldies may have a section for themselves within this site if they wish to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attn : Change of name for our group   Attn : Change of name for our group - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 2:40 pm

first i think any segregation by age or assumed age/wisdom whatever is the wrong way to go.....and may i add I DUN WANA BE CALLED UNCLE, !!!!

So rant over...;-)as for club name,....well, the merlin powered mustang was everything the spitfire would have been if supermarine had used the laminar flow wing section (the MK22 was a bit late)....so to be a 'mustang' is a natural move from being a 'spitfire'.......so, not only is there a theme continuing with fighter plane names....as i mentioned....but mustang also has an iron horse connection.

ultimitly its up to the active members to decide, a name is just a name, as long as the rides/venues are up to muster im happy.
Back to top Go down
maximum_babe

maximum_babe

Number of posts : 1078
job/Hobbies : armchair biking! Post-whoring! Eating!

PostSubject: Re: Attn : Change of name for our group   Attn : Change of name for our group - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 5:35 pm

I suddenly like the Mustang name that Uncle Da.. Oooopps!! I mean Dave suggests. Why? The correlation to Spitfire, and it came to my mind that Mustang Bikers has the same initials as maximum babe. ehehheheh. I even thought about Renegade mustang bikers but that would be RMB, which is like renminbi, but i aint about to support communism, so Mustang Bikers is doable. hehehe. My opinion lah. Very Happy

Anymore names??
Back to top Go down
Eldorado

Number of posts : 347

PostSubject: Re: Attn : Change of name for our group   Attn : Change of name for our group - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 9:13 pm

I have a few suggestion, But just for fun. If anyone agree with it they can post it into the list. Other than that, Just forget it.
1. Food Run Bikers(since lots of us like to eat, and are willing to go the distance to get food)
2. Junk Bikers(Some of us have one or many bikes that don't run including myself)
3. Just Bikers(simple name)
4. Night Riders(sometimes we some of us does some night runs to places we never thought was posible)
5. Fridaynight Bikers(as for most of us that will not miss ridding on friday)
6. bikers.com.my(double as a internet adds)

That are just a few. Have fun...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attn : Change of name for our group   Attn : Change of name for our group - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:36 am

Guys/Ladies,
Maybe time to sit down/ meet to get the Names and Web Site for the new Home going. Maybe, could get it up and running to star the Chinese New Year and for us Bikers to welcome the Bull.
How about Friday Nite TTs so Andrew could get the Web Site up and running with a New Look for CNY.!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attn : Change of name for our group   Attn : Change of name for our group - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:46 am

I agreed with David. Just once and for all clear all obstacles so that we can concentrade on riding in peace.
Back to top Go down
schackster

schackster

Number of posts : 310

PostSubject: Re: Attn : Change of name for our group   Attn : Change of name for our group - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 6:24 am

I kinda like "Misfits" or "Misfit Bikers" ,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attn : Change of name for our group   Attn : Change of name for our group - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 6:28 am

hehehe yea thats good, very apt !! short too, maybe with square peg bashed into a round hole logo.......
Back to top Go down
schackster

schackster

PostSubject: Re: Attn : Change of name for our group   Attn : Change of name for our group - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 6:55 am

Maybe something like this:

Attn : Change of name for our group - Page 2 Logo1xk2

or with a few wording changes this one( forks could signify everyones desire to eat also

Attn : Change of name for our group - Page 2 Logo2qd0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attn : Change of name for our group   Attn : Change of name for our group - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 7:00 am

hahaha...i like both of them, particularly the first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attn : Change of name for our group   Attn : Change of name for our group - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 7:07 am

good stuff gary !!!
Back to top Go down
schackster

schackster

PostSubject: Re: Attn : Change of name for our group   Attn : Change of name for our group - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 7:09 am

Actually, on the first pic it wouldnt be too difficult to change the mans hat to a helmet

These are just a few examples, theres hundreds more on google or yahoo images
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attn : Change of name for our group   Attn : Change of name for our group - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 7:18 am

i like the skull....it gives a harder image......
Back to top Go down
b16a

b16a

Number of posts : 86
job/Hobbies : goverment servant
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Attn : Change of name for our group   Attn : Change of name for our group - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 7:25 am

after all giving the suggestion of the new name n logo..who gonna decide n choose? or there is a poll? (dont really care about the name..good for you all ,good for me also)..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Attn : Change of name for our group   Attn : Change of name for our group - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 8:10 am

Hi b16a, come for d tt on friday then we choose together, want to meet you also
Back to top Go down
rob7711

rob7711

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Attn : Change of name for our group   Attn : Change of name for our group - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 7:46 pm

Guys ... since we are so hung up on planes ... howsabout "Hurricane Riders" or "Lightining Riders" ... but I still like "Renegades" best cost it's got nastiness all over it ... Cheers!
Back to top Go down
johnkslee

johnkslee

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Attn : Change of name for our group   Attn : Change of name for our group - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 9:02 pm

Hurricane Riders sounds good to me...
Back to top Go down
skyrider

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Attn : Change of name for our group   Attn : Change of name for our group - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 2:54 am

yes, hurricane riders sounds good..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attn : Change of name for our group   Attn : Change of name for our group - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Attn : Change of name for our group
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Renegade Riders :: CLUB MANAGEMENT :: RENEGADE RIDERS CLUB NEWS-
Jump to: