Renegade Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Renegade Riders

RENEGADE RIDERS: THE BIKER FORUM & CLUB

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Penguin has appendicitis

Go down 
+7
missy_nur_alia
slowzkingz
stevenchua
khaiharlock
penguin
Andrewhtf
maximum_babe
11 posters
AuthorMessage
maximum_babe

maximum_babe

Number of posts : 1078
job/Hobbies : armchair biking! Post-whoring! Eating!
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Penguin has appendicitis Empty
PostSubject: Penguin has appendicitis   Penguin has appendicitis EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 6:31 am

Like the subject says...
He's in Putrajaya Hosp.. going in for surgery.
Hope he recovers real soon. In the meantime, may he enjoy the eye-candy in uniform. hehehe..

Thank goodness Eldorado aka Ron Nightingale will be helping out after Penguin is discharged.
Back to top Go down
Andrewhtf
Admin
Andrewhtf

Number of posts : 685
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Penguin has appendicitis   Penguin has appendicitis EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 9:19 am

noted. all the best peng.

appendicitis is simple, u'll be out in no time!
Back to top Go down
penguin

penguin

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Penguin has appendicitis   Penguin has appendicitis EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 7:47 am

Just returned from the hospital. Very impressed indeed with the quality of the staff and facilities. The surgery bill was only RM800. Amazingly affordable for 1st class services. The government deserves the credit for getting this right.

The same trip to a hopital in LA would have set me back easily over 10,000 USD.
Back to top Go down
khaiharlock
Admin
khaiharlock

Number of posts : 841
job/Hobbies : Bikes, Biking and Biker Babes

PostSubject: Re: Penguin has appendicitis   Penguin has appendicitis EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 9:14 am

if it had happened in Bali instead, i wonder if it would have cost you 10,000 Rupia? lol.

Hope the healing is fast and that we see you back to your suual sprightly self soon, or your Landy and FXR will start missing you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Penguin has appendicitis   Penguin has appendicitis EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 9:25 am

Peng,
Wanted to vist you in Hospital today at lunch time but called ROn befor was told you be discharge.
Speedi Recovery and eat more of "Soon Hock" fresh water fish helps to heal faster.
Back to top Go down
stevenchua

stevenchua

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Penguin has appendicitis   Penguin has appendicitis EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 4:15 pm

speed recovery bro...or can eat fish like haruan or keli if not mistaken
Back to top Go down
maximum_babe

maximum_babe

Number of posts : 1078
job/Hobbies : armchair biking! Post-whoring! Eating!

PostSubject: Re: Penguin has appendicitis   Penguin has appendicitis EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 4:42 am

But not ikan bakar ok? hehehe.... Stay off the spicy food for a while Very Happy
Back to top Go down
penguin

penguin

PostSubject: Re: Penguin has appendicitis   Penguin has appendicitis EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:34 am

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. Yup...spicy food doesn't agree with my system yet. Shouldn't have had chili sauce with the ayam percik just now.
Back to top Go down
slowzkingz

slowzkingz

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Penguin has appendicitis   Penguin has appendicitis EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 8:31 am

This carnivore penguin sure will suffer if cant eat this and that due to the system down...

anyway... get well soon peng, so you can start the (peng peng penggggg.....) riding again soon...
Back to top Go down
missy_nur_alia

missy_nur_alia

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Penguin has appendicitis   Penguin has appendicitis EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 1:19 am

get well soon peng I love you
Back to top Go down
schackster

schackster

Number of posts : 310

PostSubject: Re: Penguin has appendicitis   Penguin has appendicitis EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 3:00 am

Wishing u a speedy recovery Bro
Back to top Go down
chef6899

Number of posts : 120
job/Hobbies : Chef
Registration date : 2009-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Penguin has appendicitis   Penguin has appendicitis EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 6:36 am

Peng,

had not meet you before 'Get well soon'
Back to top Go down
atukmude

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Penguin has appendicitis   Penguin has appendicitis EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 9:34 am

Laughing Bro Peng,
Get well soon. Erhhhhh try something soothing like cherries, plums and peaches. They are really good for your system. Bro Chef will testify on this. Very Happy

Razz Older generation uncles like myself believes the fruits have a soothing effect.

Atuk, ol kid on the block.

Best regards.
Back to top Go down
Andrewhtf
Admin
Andrewhtf

PostSubject: Re: Penguin has appendicitis   Penguin has appendicitis EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 12:06 pm

penguin wrote:
Just returned from the hospital. Very impressed indeed with the quality of the staff and facilities. The surgery bill was only RM800. Amazingly affordable for 1st class services. The government deserves the credit for getting this right.

The same trip to a hopital in LA would have set me back easily over 10,000 USD.

USD 10 grand!!?? wow.. that is a killer! lucky for you to have it here instead of when u're back in the states...
Back to top Go down
penguin

penguin

PostSubject: Re: Penguin has appendicitis   Penguin has appendicitis EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 1:59 pm

Nur, Gary, Slow, and our new friends, thanks for your well wishes. I was told recovery will take 2 months. So I won't be doing any bike trips....just short rides.

Andrewhtf wrote:
[
USD 10 grand!!?? wow.. that is a killer! lucky for you to have it here instead of when u're back in the states...

Yup. No kidding. Hospitalization is major bucks in the West. Even with insurance coverage, the deductible and copayments would still cost 2k to 3k USD. Last time I had a trackday crash, my ambulance ride alone was 1000 bucks.

Since I have no medical insurance here, I was worried about the bill, and was pleasantly surprised that it was such a paltry sum. And this hospital was no slob either. Facility and staff are as good as any I've seen in the California healthcare system.
Back to top Go down
johnkslee

johnkslee

Number of posts : 59

PostSubject: Re: Penguin has appendicitis   Penguin has appendicitis EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 2:19 am

good to "see" you back here... so... when coming to Sabah?
Back to top Go down
penguin

penguin

PostSubject: Re: Penguin has appendicitis   Penguin has appendicitis EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 10:27 am

John, going to KK in July. Pretty long trip. You going to be in town?
Back to top Go down
Andrewhtf
Admin
Andrewhtf

PostSubject: Re: Penguin has appendicitis   Penguin has appendicitis EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 12:31 pm

penguin wrote:
Yup. No kidding. Hospitalization is major bucks in the West. Even with insurance coverage, the deductible and copayments would still cost 2k to 3k USD. Last time I had a trackday crash, my ambulance ride alone was 1000 bucks.

Since I have no medical insurance here, I was worried about the bill, and was pleasantly surprised that it was such a paltry sum. And this hospital was no slob either. Facility and staff are as good as any I've seen in the California healthcare system.

u're in a public hospital, and the one in the nation's administrative centre, no less, the costs are already subsidized. try that at private medical centres in and around klang valley. Appendectomy will easily cost around RM2.5k - RM4k afaik.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Penguin has appendicitis   Penguin has appendicitis Empty

Back to top Go down

Penguin has appendicitis
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Renegade Riders :: CLUB MANAGEMENT :: RENEGADE RIDERS CLUB NEWS-
Jump to: